Monday 19 October 2009

Why Affirmations don't always work!

Years ago when I first started on my journey of selfdiscovery and self- growth, I came across a wonderful book, "You can heal your life" by Louise Hay. I really loved that book and I must have read it cover to cover many times. I discovered affirmations in that book. I used to work diligently with Affirmations pertaining to my current life situations. Many times they would work miracles and many times they just wouldn't work no matter how many times I would repeat them or write them down. This would really frustrate me. I discovered the glitch just a couple of years back. It is Tailenders. Now what are tailenders? You have an affirmation for losing weight for example. I now weigh 50 kgs and am slim and trim. Now every time I repeat this affirmation, there's a little voice going on in the back of my head which says what rubbish you weigh 70 kgs and are fat and ugly. This little voice is called a Tailender. So the affirmation always works but its not the one we are saying but the tailender which is successful at keeping your weight as is. Now if you keep saying the affirmation many thousands of time and write it down several hundred times it will work. In her book Louise Hay recommends saying affirmations about 400 times in a day. And this can be a pretty tedious process. In this day of instant gratification I would rather find a quicker way. So I am going to give you a slightly quicker more sure way. This is coming from EFT or Emotional Freedom Techniques. I won't go into the details of EFT. You will find a lot of information and resources on the web. For the purpose of affirmations, we are going to say the affirmation while tapping on eight points on our body. These are the end points of meridians or energy lines running through our body. Tapping on these points aligns the energy flow through these lines. As you tap on these points and say the affirmation, you are actually neutralising the tailenders. So in effect you are deleting the glitch from your system. Once the glitch is gone then you are planting seeds on fertile soil. Now how do you tap and what are the points? You use two fingers of your hand to tap, the index finger and the middle finger. You can use either hand or both your hands and tap on each point gently as you say the affirmation. Tapping on all eight points constitutes one round of tapping. You may tap on either side of your face or both sides simultaneously. There is no hard and fast rule to it. The important thing is to tap on each point while saying the affirmation. The tapping points are as follows- Top of the head, Beginning of the eyebrow, Side of the eyes, under the eyes, under the nose, on the chin, on the collarbone, under the arm about 4 " below your armhole.
I have found that the number 100 seems to have a sort of magic associated with it. When I work on my projects I do 100 rounds of tapping using each affirmation. Now hold on, you don't have to do hundred rounds of tapping everyday. You have to do 100 rounds of tapping in all. You can do as many rounds or as little in a day, provided you are consistent and do complete all the hundred rounds. Once you are done with your hundred rounds, relax, lie back and await the manifestation :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx Nilofer for the wonderful post. I do agree, my affirmations have carried me when I am low,but I have never tried it with my weight.TY once again for the tip.Just now I downloaded the beginner EFT manual, I am sure I've hit my "aaha" moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Kala! Try this one. Why do I weigh ___ kgs consistently and am fit and fabulous no matter what? Nilofer

    ReplyDelete